Friday, October 3, 2014

The Tide Is High ..... Tangier Island 10/3/14

The Tide Is High and I'm on my blog....  (if you're a child of the 80s think Blondie and feel free to hum along)

This morning the tide was up much higher than usual.  This made it a bit difficult getting to school, but also made for beautiful pictures as the wind was dead calm and the water very reflective.  Even though I was running late (1.  it's Friday  2.  N. had an ambulance call in the middle of the night and I had trouble going back to bed)  I could not resist grabbing my camera and taking some pics from the back deck and then again on my way to school.

Here are some of those pictures:

From my back deck...

here is the view from my patio door that caught my attention as I shlepped through the living room still half asleep from being up half the night.  It actually gave me a little burst of energy as I ran to get my camera.




My little dock of the bay is under water this morning.  Its little poles are there on there on the right hand corner.





It's Fall and lots of wildfowl are beginning to fly.  I wish I could have stayed out on my deck longer, as several flocks of geese, some pelicans, and a crane or two flew over.  I could only grab a few quick shots because I needed to finish getting ready for school.  The morning was crisp and the light was gorgeous!





One last shot before heading in




Seen on the way to school

The view as I prepare to cross Canton bridge and leave my neighborhood for the main section of the island.  You can't really see the school  in this picture, but it is across the street from the water tower, behind the church.



A neighbor, also headed to work...


ducks at play on Canton Road


I am coming from the east side, so I can get to the school, those coming from the west side might not have such an easy time of it.




Pretty reflections in the parking lot:



Is this how you got to your school?








It's all part of life on an island.  And that's the view from my dock of the Bay today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!