Thursday, October 9, 2014

More Thrift Store Fix Ups


Last night I decided to clean up the mess on my kitchen table by doing some crafts.  Funny but true! A lot of the stuff on the table was craft supplies that came in the shipments I got earlier this week. Let me say again how much I love online shopping.  When you live on an island and can get things shipped right to your door, instead of having to take a 45 minute boat ride, then a car ride to the store, lug the packages around with you, load them on a boat, and bring them home in a golf cart it's a blessing!  

You might remember some of these items from my Hospice Thrift Shop post (picture 1) and Good Will Finds post (picture2)




I have been posting a little along as I get them fixed up and repurposed.  It's still a work in progress, but things are starting to come together and many of them are showing up as part of my fall decor.


This pic shows some of the supplies I need to find a place for so my table can be used to eat once again.  Hmmm, why spend time searching for a place to shove store them when you can just make a few crafts and use them up instead.  Plus crafting is so much more relaxing after a hard teaching day than cleaning, so I deserve it.  (Sounds good doesn't it).

So here were go...

Here is the black stoneware vase from Good Will, filled with some red and brown berry stems and sporting the bow that tied up the box of acorns and pinecones in the picture above. I think the vase was $4, the berry stems were $2.99 and the bow was free.  I think its pretty cute for less than $7 and is actually much bigger than it looks in the picture.  It's going on the bottom shelf of my console table.



The rest of the little box of acorns and pinecones and some of the straw (which I got on sale for 60% off so less that $5 ! ) went into the little mixing bowl on my buffet.  The blessings chalkboard tray was one of those from the Hospice Shop I spray painted with Rust-oleum antique copper and chalkboard paint.  The little ceramic pumkins were a Dollar Tree score at $1 each, the flower and fall leaf picks were also from Dollar Tree, I wrapped the stems in some jute twine. The Welcome sign and ceramic gourd goose are down from the attic.  They both came from Terry's Village a couple of years ago.  I LOVE that goose.




Next I went to work on the wall pocket I found at Good Will.  I got a lot of fall florals on sale from Joann's online and if you spent a certain amount you got free shipping.  Needless to say, I spent that certain amount, and it was really easy to do, too (am happy to have found Joann's).  I was just starting to arrange them in the wall pocket when I finally remembered I was supposed to do a before and after.  So here is a (semi) before and the after.  



I  had planned for this to go on my front door like this pic from a blog I love Thrift Decor Chick.  But I really liked how it turned out and I noticed it matched the colors in my breakfast room really well, so can you guess where it is now?



The twin iron candle holder I decided to leave "rustic shabby" for now.  It looks nice on my hall bench some of my other attic treasures.  Picture 1 shows the cleaned up cropped version of the photo, Picture 2 shows the real bench scene with all our shoes and usually a few book bags thrown underneath.  


Don't you love fall decorations?  I think they are my favorite. Well I better get back to crafting I mean cleaning.  Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!