Sunday, October 26, 2014

It Was Starting To Look A Lot Like Fall ... Then Came The WInds

Every year I end up having to get new outside Christmas decorations (and every year I swear this is the last time I am going to buy anything for outside) because we always manage to have a Nor'easter or Coastal Storm before Christmas arrives and it tears them to bits.  Living on an island you can be subject to some pretty strong winds.  So last weekend I started decorating the front of my house for Halloween / Fall.  Can you guess what happened this week?


Yep, blown to bits.  Moving on.....  On Thursday I was happy to get my door decal I had ordered in the mail.  Since things had quieted down a bit, and I was really excited to see how it would look, I came home from school and set to work fixing up once again.  If you remember from a previous post, I got the idea for a door decal from this picture.  This is from a blog I like to follow, Thrifty Decor Chick, and her door looks a very similar color to mine.


I decided to go with the saying "Blessings".  Here is a pic from me having glued things back to my wreath and trying to spruce it up, while applying the decal to my door.  We recently had to change the deadbolt too, so my door paint needs a touch up, too.  But it's been a little too chilly and rainy this week for that.


Decal going on.......and the finished product:




I bought one of those Command hooks so that I won't have to use the wreath hanger, but I haven't tried it yet.  So, from Thursday evening til Saturday afternoon my house looked like this:



But I should have know something was up when I pulled back for a long shot and saw these gray clouds gathering...



'Cause guess what it's like at my house this morning.  I haven't even gone outside yet but I think my flag has blown out again.  Other people have flags in my neighborhood but mine always takes off.  (I have had to chase this flag all over my yard, the neighbor's, and once - my neighbor Katie will swear it's true - up on my roof).  And I am not in a hurry to look at my wreath.  At least I am pretty sure my door decal has stayed put.  LOL.   Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!