Wednesday, October 1, 2014

New Style Stenciled Walls

Are you addicted to Houzz.com?  It's one of my favorite sites, along with Facebook, Pinterest, and Ebay.  My friend Sharon turned me on to this website, and I almost wish she hadn't, because its one of those where you can spend hours looking at other people's house layouts, paint schemes, decorations, and style.  I think Houzz is where I first developed my obsession with all white kitchens (and boy are there some pretty ones on there!).

Another thing I have seen on Houzz recently, and I also see popping up on blogs is whole wall stenciling.  These are not border stencils like the kind that were popular 18 years ago when we built our house, but total wall ones that have a wallpaper effect when painted on the wall.  At first I didn't think I liked them much, but they have grown on my considerably, and now I am ready to try one.

Here is the one I am thinking of trying.  My plan is to do one wall in my master bedroom as an accent wall.  Right now I have pale gray paint in there with one white accent wall and white trim.  I am thinking to stencil that white wall using the gray color I have on the other walls.  





It would almost be a reverse of the picture.  I like this stencil because it is not as busy as I have seen. This one is available for purchase on Etsy (another favorite website I forgot to mention).  Here is a link:  Large Wall Stencil Idea

If you would like to see a tutorial on how to use these large wall stencils, there is a good one at this blog link:  Wall Stenciling @ Southern Hospitality Blog


Here are some other pictures of stenciled walls I have grabbed off the web:













If done right I think it would look really good, but it's going to be tricky.  I think it could get out of hand and too busy in a hurry.  The good thing about paint, though, is if you really don't like it when you're done you just get your paint back out and go right over top of it.

What do you think of paint stenciled walls?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!