Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Jute Wrapped Crafts

Hi!  It's been a couple days, because I have fallen WAY behind in my house cleaning / laundry / school homework duties.  Truthfully, I'm still there - so this will be a rather short post tonight.  Part of what has put me behind (other than feeling lazy - I won't lie) is a big shipment of craft supplies I got on Monday, which were followed by more on Tuesday afternoon.  It's taken me a couple of days to get them sorted out (also to clean up because sadly a couple of items came broken).

I have been seeing a lot of blog and Pinterest posts about items wrapped with jute twine.  I thought I might want to try some, so I placed an order for a few things to try in with my supplies that arrived this week.  So far here are my first two attempts:

a jute ball light - it's a jute wrapped battery candle stuck in a twine ball.  It's actually pretty cute in person...in the photo, not so much.







and a jute wrapped welcome candle






Here are some other cute jute wrapped ideas I have been thinking of trying:  (all items from Google Image)




Love the birds.  Must get a bird stencil.

Very cute, and I have some key charms from my jewelry, though not this big.



Well I'm afraid that's about it for now, but before I go I want to share with you something funny I came across on a blog while looking at craft ideas for Fall.  This was on www.suburbanturmoil.com, where she shared ideas for crafts she would NOT be doing this fall season - with funny little suggestions as to why they were off her crafting list.


Oreo-Cookie-Turkeys
Lorelei admitted to the other moms that she stayed up all night making Oreo Cookie Turkeys for her son’s kindergarten class.
This explains why she wept so loudly when they ate them.
- See more at: http://suburbanturmoil.com/17-pinterest-thanksgiving-crafts-i-will-never-make/2013/11/25/#sthash.uSaAuaeM.dpuf

This was my favorite.  Can you imagine how much work that would take?  Cute idea though, you've got to admit (but slightly creepy too).

Thanks for checking out my blog!  Do you have any jute wrapped crafts you want to share?  Please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!