Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Busy, Busy, Dreadfully Busy

When N. was little he loved to watch the "Veggie Tales" cartoons.  

They always had a good message told in an interesting way, and really catchy songs.  In fact I can still sing several of the songs today!  They are the kind of songs that stick in your head and won't go away.  One of the ones I still sing to my self is "The Busy Song" (although "Oh, Where Is My Hairbrush" and "The Cheeseburger Song" are my personal favorites).  The Busy Song goes a little something like this:


I'm busy, busy, dreadfully busy

You've no idea what I have to do
Busy, busy, shockingly busy

Much, much too busy for you


For the past couple of days I have been really busy.  If you read my post yesterday, you know we spent the weekend off the island on a little trip.  Trips are great, but they sure put you behind on Monday when it's time to start the workweek again.  As of last night I was still trying to unpack and put away stuff, as well as cook dinner, do homework, think about my lesson plans for the week, catch up on laundry and dirty dishes, read all the facebook posts I missed the weekend, etc. 

Continuing from yesterday's post I'll share with you a few things about the rest of our weekend.  First let me suggest you try IHOP's Bananas Foster Brioche French Toast.  N. had it Saturday morning, and let me say as a person who doesn't even like bananas, I though it was the bomb!  



In Salisbury the IHOP is in the same parking lot as Hobby Lobby, so you can guess where I went next.  N. stayed in the car with his iPod, too stuffed to move.  LOL.  He drove me around the rest of the day and got in some "weather driving" hours toward the requirements needed to change his learner's permit to a permanent license.  He dropped me off at several more stores before we went to one that was more up his alley - Wink's Sporting Goods.



Wink's was having a customer appreciation day with specials on hunting and fishing supplies (which N. loves).  And on this one day a year he also puts on a really great food treat to share with his customers.  A few of the things we had were pulled pork, deer roast, meatloaf, sausage, and bbq brisket, (there was supposed to be deep fried turkey and goose but we missed it) baked beans, fries, brownies and cookies among other things.  They really put out a spread!  

We finished our time before catching boat with a big shopping run at Food Lion, a popular East coast grocery chain.  Then came the fun part...getting an entire car filled with stuff sorted out and crated up into storage totes and giant trash bags and loaded onto the boat for the trip home.

It took two golf cart loads to get it all from the boat back to my house in Canton.  I just had time to get it all in the house and my cold grocery items put in the fridge before heading back out for a bridal shower for my neighbor and former student Whitney.  It was a wonderful evening and she got lots of really nice gifts.  Congrats and best wishes, Whitney!

Vacations are nice, but it's good to be back home too. And that's where I spend most of my Sunday.  Besides all the unpacking, cleaning, and laundry that went on, I also had a few minutes to start some new craft ideas (and watch a link someone sent me of the latest episode of Downton Abbey that just aired in the UK).  


Love my girl Edith!   Maybe this year things will finally go your way (but not likely).

This week I am looking forward to my husband getting home off his two week tour on the tugboat, and some family time together.  And also for things to slow down a bit and not be so busy.  Fall is such an enjoyable time of the year, I want to take some time to do just that.  

While I think of it let me share this recipe link to a delicious pumpkin spice cake.  It's R.s birthday, and I think besides Rice Crispy Squares (his favorite) I'll also make this.  I usually put a few raisins in mine as well.  If you decide to, make sure to soak them in a little water first to plump them up.  And for a change from the usual you can also try chocolate frosting on a spice cake instead of cream cheese.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/incredibly-moist-pumpkin-spice-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting/c8ce831f-e933-425d-b8c6-a2335705f63a

And now I will leave you with a link to "His Cheeseburger" the Veggie Tales Cheeseburger Song.  Give it a listen and then I dare you not to hum it the next time you order a cheeseburger.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahUXCdXZ96s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!