Monday, August 25, 2014

What I Did This Weekend Was Blankety, Blankety, Blank....


What Is Up With That Title?


The quote in my title this morning was adapted from a classic one by "Mrs. Puff", the Driving School teacher on SpongeBob Squarepants.  Poor SpongeBob was trying to write an essay for her on what he learned in boat driving school in order to graduate, but had a serious case of writer's block. Mrs. Puff really wanted to get rid of SpongeBob, so she cut back the assignment from a 100 word essay to a 10 word essay. And...he still couldn't come up with anything.  Mrs. Puff tried to give him hints and tips to help him get started, all the while becoming increasingly frustrated.  Still nothing... That's when Mrs. Puff "shared" with him this helpful advice:  "What I Learned In Boating School Is Blankety, Blankety, Blank!" before passing out.   Hey, sometimes teaching is like that, LOL.




I used to love watching SpongeBob with N. when he was smaller.  It was silly yes, but it had humor we both could enjoy.  Dexter's Lab was another great cartoon from that time our whole family could watch together and enjoy.  One of the best SpongeBob episodes ever was called "Band Geeks" when SpongeBob fronted an 80's style hair band and sang the power ballad "Sweet Victory".  You can find the clip on youtube.  Trust me if you're an 80's rock fan you'll love it.





And Now, Here's A Look At Some Things That Went On At My House This Weekend:



Ideas were gathered for those thrift store silver trays:


Google Image via Pinterest
Ooh look, I have that same little blue ceramic bird!
This would look good in my utility room and one of my trays is sort of like this.
Score!


Google Image via Etsy
Would also match my utility room.  Starting to have a vision for those trays!


Google Image from accordingtokali.com

Teacher lesson plans were started:


well...thought about, but not started.  I'm not going to lie.


Flowers bloomed while bees and butterflies did their thing:







Hummingbirds came to visit once again:





Tide and clouds rolled in:


Uh Oh, where's my little dock on the bay?
Also, can you find a backyard visitor?

Windows were opened:






Sons cut grass and husbands grilled:

but neither wanted their picture taken...





And Somebody Stole A Piece Of My Double Layer Lemon Pudding Pie Before I Could Take Its Picture!




I hope you enjoyed your weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!