Thursday, August 14, 2014

Fall Acorn Basket

My First Project Post


Here are some things I have been working on today.  Last week was my first visit to a Home Goods store when a group of teachers at our school took a shopping trip to Rehoboth.  I found a really cute two tiered copper metal basket for my table.  This morning's project was to spruce it up for Fall, which is right around the corner.   Forgot to take before pictures, but here is the finished project...



Fall Acorn Basket




The bowl fillers came from Hobby Lobby.  The red, yellow and green large acorns and a few pine cones were in one assortment bag; the other pine cones and the smaller nuts and acorns were in another.  Yesterday Hobby Lobby's fall decorations were 40% off.  The ivory battery pillar candle I already had.  It has a built in time so that it turns itself on for 6 hours, then off for 18.  Love that!  The raffia tie was actually the two ties off the acorn decorations bags.  I picked them up with the trash and then thought I wonder if I could use these somewhere, so around the candle they went.  I like it!

Here's another picture, next time I will try to remember to do before and progress shots.  There really wasn't much progress to show - just dump 'em in there and arrange them till you like it.  LOL


Tick Tock A New Clock


Besides Hobby Lobby another of my most favorite stores is ROSS.  I love Ross!  I know some people don't like Ross at all, and some of the stuff is kind of shabby, and sometimes the stores aren't the most upscale or well organized - BUT - I almost always find something I like there.  The housewares and decorations are terrific!  If you thought Ross was only clothes and accessories (and I have to admit I to quite a few purses from there as well) you should give it another try.  When we are on vacation N. has been heard to say things like "Oh Lord no, there's a Ross store" because I just can't seem to resist them...

Yesterday I went in hoping to find a knife block for my kitchen and a new clock for my den.  I had moved my den clock to the kitchen recently.  I like to do that from time to time.  Take things down from one room and repurpose them to another room.  I am obsessed with oversized clocks.  There is something about a giant clock that just catches my eye every time.  I had seen some in Ross before, so back to the clock section I headed...I did not find a giant clock - but I did find this.  It almost matches the border in my breakfast room perfectly!  It's a little on the small side, but......So den clock goes back to the den and new clock goes up in the kitchen.
Neat find.  Love Ross.
Please focus on the clock and ignore my mess.



Also found a great Farberware 18 piece knife set and knife block.  So I was happy with my trip.  Here's a Ross tip from me:  if you are ever back in the housewares section near the aisle where they sell gourmet foods and see a bag of Brent & Sams cookies in the Key Lime White Chocolate Chip flavor, do yourself a favor and by them.  Oh and send me a bag too!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your blog, look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! Please share with your friends.

      Delete

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!