Wednesday, August 27, 2014

New Ideas For Old Denim

Some Cute Ideas For Repurposing Denim


While searching for a sea glass project yesterday, I happened to come across a great idea for a flower vase using old jeans.  It's very cute for Fall.


from cfabbridesigns.com

Isn't that sweet?  It was made from the leg of an old pair of jeans and a tall metal coffee can, and looks pretty simple to do. You can find the instructions at crabbridesigns.   I had never thought much about repurposing old jeans.  That's one of the reasons I love DIY blogs and sites like pinterest so much.  They spark creative ideas about things you've never considered.  A few years ago I did have a "booty bag" purse.  These were purses made to look like the top part of a pair of jeans.  I loved that purse.  



Here are some other denim ideas that I love:



from debbie-debbiedoos.com

Not made from actual denim but painted up to look like it. Love those old ceramic chickens.  I have a couple that belonged to my Nanny and always sat on the windowsill in her kitchen.  I haven't displayed them in a couple of years but it may be time to get them out again...



from denimdoover.com

Love this denim scrap rag wreath.  The yellow ticking mixed in gives it just the right touch of color.  I think red bandanas cut into rags would be cute as an accent too.



from somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

Oh look the inital H.  Perfect.  And a cute memo book too.




from threadingmyway.com

Here is an idea for denim storage baskets.  This person made them for their sewing room.  I think they could also really be sweet in a nursery or little boy's room.


Just a short post today, I am getting into the swing of things down at the school.  Less than a week now til classes officially begin!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!