Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Tangier Island Super Supper


A Back To School / Goodbye Summer Feast


Here's what was for dinner at my house.  And yeah, we are eating off mis-matched plates tonight because I've been putting in long hours down to school and short hours doing house work.  But it's the food that counts - and both the hubby and I put a lot of work into this end of summer celebration tonight.  Ha ha, I see some of my spray paints made it into the picture too.  You know there is never not enough time for a paint project.  LOL



So, what are we having?  Let's go clockwise starting from the corn...Char grilled corn on the cob, fried potatoes and onions, fried soft shell crabs, batter fried shrimp, grilled stuffed portobello mushrooms, and grilled peaches for desert.  Yum Yum.  This is a Tangier feast!  Don't you wish you were here?

Walk It Off Sister


After that meal I decided to take a photo walk over to our beach.  Tangier has a long sand beach on the western end. Here are some pics I took when I wasn't moaning about how full I was while I walked:

On The Path To The Beach

A look back at the main section of the island from the beach path.
You can see the water tower, a tiny bit of the school, and the Methodist church on the far left. 
Main ridge is at the center and right.


Crossing the plank bridge, getting closer.  At the top you see a couple of watermen's crab shanties in the marsh.

Almost there now...

Artsy shot

It's going to be a pretty evening!


The Beach!


View to the left from path's end

While I was taking pictures a new beach buddy appeared

Everybody loves the beach...

Sun's going down

Walking to the right toward the jetty

Last light...time to stroll on (or in my case waddle) back home



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!