Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Fantastic Free Fonts - Fall edition


As a teacher I liked teaching cursive.
  
I enjoy looking at old letters like Civil War and WWI letters home and seeing their beautiful penmanship, which is a lost art.
  
It takes me forever to chose just the right type in MS Word so that my documents have the right "style".  

I guess you can call me a "font fanatic".  LOL.  So imagine my joy (yet utter horror) to find that there are websites that offer thousands of font styles to download to your computer. Some are for purchase, but most are free for personal use.  I could spend hours looking at these and imagining just what I would use them for.  Total geek, right?

So, in case you need some new writing style ideas for your upcoming Fall projects, here are a few interesting fonts I have found.  I  have linked to the download page for each.  

In case you are unfamiliar with how to download a font let me share what works for me.  Please keep in mind I am using Windows 7 and what you need to do may be different.

I left click on the "download" button, then left click again on the downloaded file tab that appears at the bottom of my screen to open it.  Sometimes more than one file will appear inside the folder. Choose the one that says "font file" in its description and double click it.  A screen showing all the letters in that style with an install button at the top should open.  Click install and your computer should do the rest to unzip it and place it in the fonts folder of your hard drive. 

Fantastic Fall Fonts: 






http://www.fontspace.com/jeri-ingalls/ji-pumpkins







http://www.fontspace.com/la-vie-dansante/autumn-deco


























Aren't they great?  And if you'd like more here is a link to another blog I like to follow, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, for 15 more.  This is a great blog, while you're there be sure to look around and check it out.




I'll end with sharing this picture.   It rained ALL day on Tangier yesterday.  The sky was very cloudy and gray.  Just about 7:15 my son headed out to be with some friends for the evening and I sat down on the sofa to watch some TV and fold clothes.   Something ( a strange light or color I don't know) attracted my attention to look out our sliding glass door where I was sitting and there was a very bright sliver of a rainbow.  It looked very odd against the twilight sky.  I had never seen one so late in the day before.  I ran for my camera in the other room.  When I got back it was starting to fade, but still made an interesting picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!