Thursday, September 11, 2014

Candy Corn Madness


So, I was in line at Walmart on Saturday, innocently minding my own business, when I happened to glance over to my left and saw IT.  Lord help me, it's Candy Corn time again.





I have a problem with candy corn.  Mainly, if it is anywhere around me I think I have to eat it.  In large quantities.  Until I get sick.  Get the picture?  And I thought I was the only one until I decided to Google it, and found out I am not alone. Thanks Google.  

On Saturday I was able to be strong and resist because: 1.  I was able to tell myself just how sick I would be on the long boat ride home if I ate said bag of candy corn and 2.  After I dug through the entire 4 foot tall candy bin I couldn't find this...



Indian Corn candy corn!  If there had been Indian Corn it would have been all over!  And don't even try to tell me they taste the same, they do not.  Yeah, I Googled that too.  LOL


I found out a lot of things about candy corn in my Google searches.  For example - while I had seen the Autumn Mix with the pumpkins (which I don't like, but some people must because they have a fan club all their own) I had not the seen the different flavored varieties.  This Milkmaid Caramel Corn looks tempting, but I think I'll stick to Indian Corn.




This also looks to have potential...




But these are just WRONG...






Here are some awesome candy corn craft ideas:


Must do this.

Painted Gourds via Google image search


and this.

via sweetdesigns.com


Love this.

cottageinthemaking.blogspot.com


and to whatever road crew thought of this I applaud you.





5:00pm Update:  Just when you thought the danger had passed.  Our little grocery store on the island gets their big supply of freight in once a week on Thursdays.  Thursday is known as "sale day" when everyone rushes to the store to buy fresh produce and see what new items have come in.

What are the odds, but after school today as I was scouting out the items they were putting on the shelf what should they unpack but a bag of Autumn Mix with the Indian Corn...As they say in the movies "resistance is futile".  And it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!