Saturday, September 27, 2014

Beaded Christmas Ornaments for Saturday Craft Day

Every year our school has a Fall/Christmas Bazaar.  Local businesses, artists and craftsmen, and the PTA and school clubs sell their wares, snacks are served, and island kids have pictures taken with Santa.  It's a good time and a great kickoff to the holiday season!  For the past few years I have had a table and I have already started getting together some things for this years event.

At the end of the summer I place some bead orders, and they have begun to trickle in.  I like to make beaded jewelry and Christmas ornaments.  I get most of my beads off ebay from China,  They have good prices and I can buy in bulk.  I also deal here in the states too, mainly with Beadaholic and Kathee Killingsworth (and of course Hobby Lobby).  At times Walmart can have really good bead deals in their craft section as well.  They have these $1 and $2 grab bags, and I have gotten some really nice items.  Unfortunately this is hit or miss - they don't have them all the time, and when they do the selection gets picked over pretty quickly.

Last night I sat down and tried to organize my beads into color groups.  I try to keep them separate and sorted in small Rubbermaid containers from Dollar Tree, but believe me it's not as easy as it sounds.  And you don't even know the pain of stepping on a faceted bead that got away in your bare feet.  Not quite as bad as stepping on a Lego brick, but it's up there...




Today, I decided to try out some ideas I had for beaded ornaments using some of the charms I also use for my jewelry.  Here is what I came up with.  I had to hurry and take the picture before clearing the table for supper, so no tutorial today.  But I will try to post one sometime this week.  I am pretty happy with how they turned out.  Wish I could have spent more time on crafts today, but after being at school all week my Saturdays are pretty busy around the house.



Thanks for checking out my blog!  Happy Weekend everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!