Monday, September 22, 2014

Autumn Leaf Projects For Fall

Fall is right around the corner now ( like tomorrow!) and I am making plans for catching some of the gorgeous sights to be had when the air gets crisp and the leaves begin to change. This led me to a search for fall leaves (did you know there are actual "leaf peeping" websites that predict the time of best color for certain areas?) and I found some wonderful projects I would like to share.  All images below came from either Google image or Pinterest.  I have tried to tag with the website or blog if it was listed.  

But first, let me share with you one of my favorite pictures EVER of N.  He was about three and I was taking a portrait for another family when I turned around and saw him playing in leaves on the ground.  I just fired off a couple pics, not knowing what I had until I got them developed.  Yes, my younger readers, there used to be something called film that went inside cameras to take the pictures on - and you had to wait to see them.




And now that I am sad over "where did my little boy go" let's move on to the projects.


This one caught my attention right away.  Love it!

Leaf art on a wooden panel from Just A Girl blog


These luminary jars are lovely!  There is a tutorial at this link:  Fall Mason Jars @ spark&chemistry

Images from Google image search


Love the framed leaf on plain burlap, the other would be nice on a piece of sheet music, a special verse, etc.




These leaves turned into butterflies are a great idea!  Thanks Martha Stewart.




I saw several ideas for leaf paint rubbings.  This was pretty, and would look great framed.

From bloombakecreate.com


And lastly an idea for an initial for your door.  There is a link to a tutorial at The Thrifty Abode that follows:


Leafy Initial Tutorial Link



And if you are getting married this fall, I think you should seriously consider this cake!  Gorgeous!



Do you have any fall leaf projects you'd like to share.  Please leave a pic or link in the comments and I'll share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!