Monday, September 8, 2014

Fall Door Decor


It's almost Fall decorating time!  Love the colors of fall.  Last year's wreath has seen better days, so I started gathering some ideas for something to place on my front door.  Today I want to share some ideas I found that are not a "traditional" wreath.

But first a wreath idea.  What?  I thought you said no wreaths?  Yeah, I did but this one is different because it is square.  It is also pretty eye catching, and the best part - made from Dollar Tree materials. I found it on a blog I like to follow Thrifty Decor Chick.




Her door is almost the color of mine, but mine has a bit more green in it (mine is midnight spruce or some such name - don't you love paint names?).  I am also loving her Welcome decal.  Must get one of those...

Anyway, she has posted a step by step tutorial over on her blog.  Please stop by and check it out. Here is the link  Fall Wreath on thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com.

Here are some of the other ideas I found that I really liked:

#1  An old rake.  Now who would have thought part of an old rake would be pretty?


From Country Gardens magazine

#2  Floral Spray In A Metal Wall Pocket - Darn!  Saw a wall pocket very similar at the thrift store the other day and didn't get it.


From Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures

and another wall pocket.  This one from Thrift Decor Chick again.







#3  Decorated Monogram Initial - These pics via Pinterest






and this one from indulgy.com



#4  Look at these cute wooden door tags...



I am feeling inspired!  Anybody have an old rake they want to part with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!