Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall For Your Walls... Beautiful Autumn Paint Colors


I love to paint.  Several of my walls have had about 4 different colors in the past 18 years since we built our house, and my poor front door about 18 of them.  LOL.  

In the past few years I have started getting up the nerve to paint darker, bolder colors - but I have never tried a red or orange shade.  I love fall colors, so maybe after looking at these inspiration pictures I might have try one.  I think a bathroom with spice colored walls and white trim and vanity cabinets would be nice.  Too bad I just painted mine pewter gray and N.'s sage green last year.  I don't think the hubby is up for another bathroom paint job just yet.  Sounds like a next year's school summer vacation project to me.

Here are some very pretty "fall colored" rooms I found on the internet:

But first, let me share this paint palette grouping from Behr. If these colors don't say Fall when you look at them together I am not sure what does!


and here is a small grouping from Sherwin Williams.  Most of the colors in my house are either Behr or Sherwin Williams (along with some Pittsburgh Paint because that is what the closest hardware store in Crisfield sells).


Some Fall themed Behr colors used in various rooms:  (you can click the individual pictures to make them larger)


Behr Antique Copper

Behr Bolero
Behr Falling Leaves

Behr Pumpkin Patch

Behr Glazed Pot


And some from Sherwin Williams:


SW Spiced Cider
SW Copper Mountain

SW Earthen Jug
SW Brandywine
SW Eastlake Gold

SW Tiger Eye

I am liking the looks of that Glazed Pot and also SW Earthen Jug and Tiger Eye!  What do you think?  

Well just a short post today, but I do want to share one more thing, a recipe I happened to see while I was Googling (is that a word?  It should be!) that fit right in with our Fall theme. It got 5 stars from Taste of Home so it can't be bad.  It did make me laugh though that it called for fat free caramel topping - like that is somehow going to control the calories in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!