Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Quick Update with Copper Kitchen Accents


Happy First Day of School!  

It's been a busy, busy day for me and many other families whose kids started back to school today all across the United States.  I think projects are going to be put on hold this week til I get back in the swing of things, but here is a quick post about a quick update I did to my kitchen last month.

Copper accents are very popular this year.  I see more and more copper toned metal accessories every time I shop.  I have so much black and oil rubbed bronze in my house that I thought I needed a little update.  I am a firm believer in changing the hardware on your cabinets and how it can give your kitchen a whole new look.  I am also a firm believer in getting this hardware on ebay because I have about 36 knobs and pulls and I refuse to pay any more than $2 each.


  

I have always wanted bin pulls on my cabinet drawers, however, they require a 2 hole spread and all my cabinets are drilled for a single (one hole) knob.  When I began searching for copper pulls on ebay, these caught my eye.  They were fairly large and had a copper with black "antique" finish.  And they were in budget...so with one Buy It Now click and one Paypal payment (after negotiating a cheap shipping rate) they were on their way.  Never be afraid to try to bargain with an ebay seller, especially if you are buying a large quantity of something.  Also, you might want to consider buying more knobs and pulls than you need. It's never a bad thing to have a few extra on hand, things can get discontinued quickly.

Here we are changing over:




I really like the color against my whitewash finish cabinets. They pick up tones in the counter top, too.  Now the hunt was on for a new kitchen light fixture.  This was a bit more of a problem.  I found very few that had a copper finish.  So I bought one that was close, and added my own copper accents.  This was done by spraying my trusty Rustoleum Hammered Copper spray paint on a paper plate and then sponging it on with a damp sea sponge.  This light fixture came from ebay and was cobblestone finished.  It looked coppery in the pictures but much plainer brown and black mix when I opened it.  So spray paint to the rescue.  You must know by now that I am a firm believer in spray paint!


A Pop of Copper Going On

Lastly I added a new metal wall scroll (another ebay find) over the stove and my kitchen spruce up was almost complete.  I need to go work on some school work now, so I'll have to save the rest of my project to share later.  What do you think?  Are you ready to jump on the copper bandwagon?  Ready to become an ebay shopper (you really can't beat that delivery right to your door - especially when you live on an island)? Thanks for looking and please leave me a comment.


More to come later....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!