Friday, September 5, 2014

Cake Bake - Tangier Style


Happy Friday!  N. and I have successfully made it through the first week of school!  Now our thoughts turn to the weekend.  But first, check out these pictures of the school my class took while out on a walk with me this morning. This year I have been asked to make our school's website, and I am having my class help out.


















Speaking of looking forward to the weekend, on Tangier there is a tradition of having a homemade sweet, such as a cake or pie to go with your "big" weekend suppers.  A very popular fundraiser on Tangier is a Cake Bake sale.  These are often held on Friday, or on Saturday morning, so you can get your weekend sweet and not have to spend your day off in the kitchen.  Here are a few of my favorite cake recipes from the old church cookbook (Food For My Household).  Most of these are old fashioned traditional recipes, and all taste great!


These Recipes Take The Cake:











If you have ever heard of a Smith Island Cake, this recipe is very similar and delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share an idea or comment. They won't post until moderated, but I read every one. Please share your blog address in your quote if you have one and I'll be sure to check it out. Please don't send spam or use bad language. Thanks!